Questions to ask when buying a house
- Why is the owner selling the house?
- How long has the property been up for sale?
- Exactly what is included in the sale?
These are all questions you should be asking before finalising a mortgage on a house. You may be given information about the property that could sway your decision or allow you to buy at a lower price.
Talk to the neighbours and local community to find out about the area and any developments planned for the future.
Other questions could be:
- What is the minimum price the seller will take?
- What band of council tax does the property fall into?
Remember: Make sure to really ask everything that you think may affect your decision or your time living in the property. You are paying a lot of money, so you want to make sure you don’t get any unwanted surprises later on down the line.