- Select Mortgages and loans charge no fees for our service. We are paid a procuration fee by the chosen lender on completion of your mortgage; this is usually around 32% which would be £320 on a mortgage of £100,000
- We work from a selected panel of lenders which is subject to change due to products offered and levels of service. Currently we have 19 lenders on our panel which include: Woolwich, West Bromwich, The Mortgage Works, Scottish Widows Bank, Santander, R.B.S, Principality, Paragon, Nat West, Nationwide, Metro Bank, Leeds, Kensington, Halifax, Coventry, Birmingham, Midshires, Bank of China, Aldermoor, Accord. We do not offer direct only products for lenders.
- We are regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority
- The F.C.A does not regulate some investment mortgage contracts
- Compensation. If you make a valid claim against us in respect of your mortgage which is arranged for you and we were unable to meet our liabilities in full, you may be entitled to redress under the financial services compensation scheme. Further information is available from the F.C.A or F.S.C.S
- Verifying identity and income. We are required by law to verify your identity, address and income and will not submit an application for mortgage without this. Suspected fraud is reported to the relevant authority.
Terms & Conditions
We always aim to provide excellent customer service and when that doesn’t happen we want to know why. Listening to you and learning from what you have to say will help us get it right next time.
If you are not happy with service that you have received please contact Mr Herbert either by e-mail, telephone or letter at the following address:
Select Mortgages & loans
Phone: 01792 850017
We will then independently investigate the issue that you have raised and advice you of our findings.
Should you be unhappy with the resolution to your complaint you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, who can be contacted at the following address:
Financial Ombudsman Service South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Phone: 0845 080 1800
Fax: 020 7964 1001
As a customer of Select Mortgages and loans we take your right to privacy very seriously. We will not disclose information about you or your accounts to anyone, other than where we have your consent, or where we are compelled or allowed by law to do so.
Most of the information we hold is stored electrically on computer systems. However, some data, for example the details you handwrite on application forms are held as manual or paper copies. We are confident that our systems are secure. And that no one will be able to access your information unlawfully.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for a payment of a small fee (£10). You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Select mortgages and Loans do not sell the personal information we hold.
From time to time we’ll tell you about new services. You can choose not to receive this information when you meet with us during the arrangement of your mortgage.
When you register with our website, in order to respond to your requirements we need to know your name e-mail address and contact telephone number. We will keep a record or your contact and your e-mail address, in addition to specific services that you request, we may also contact you with details of relevant products and services, as well as information about the company. If you do not want us to do this please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to provide us with any information, then you expressly authorize us to use your information in accordance with this policy. Additionally, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requires us to make records to evidence the suitability of the recommendations we offer and in most instances, we will be unable to provide you with a product or service if you do not provide us with the necessary information or give us your permission to process and store your data.
Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up payments on the mortgage or any other loan secured on it